Tinkets 2 Treasures Etsy Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're an Etsy Team consisting of Artists, Designers, and Sellers who work in shabby/cottage, retro, country and primitive with a vintage flair.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» It's June Already???
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 am by Snugglebug Blessins

» It's May already
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:48 am by alwayscrafty2-sandi

» Your best and Worst from March 31
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:17 pm by Bette

» Tactics for selling in a slow economy.
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 am by alwayscrafty2-sandi

» okay I can't find
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 pm by alice

» Idol March 10
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:59 am by Deena

» New Print and Sew Pattern...
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:05 am by Deena

» Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm by Deena

» Snack Bag Wrappers
Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm by Deena

Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bette
Admin
Bette

Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop Empty
PostSubject: Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop   Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:18 am

I was reading one of the posts on Etsy community and it reminded me that I needed to shorten my shop announcement which had been on my to do list for a couple weeks now.

This is important because you have about a second or so to grab the attention of customers. Their main interest is going to be SEEING what you have to offer, NOT reading through a long announcement. You want to keep your shop announcements as short as possible. By doing so this allows the photos of your featured items to be seen above the fold. If you don't know what "above the fold" means, it basically means what you can see on any webpage BEFORE you have to start scrolling down the page. You want customers to see at least part of those images. You can take a look at my shop as an example: http://twodancingcrows.etsy.com Notice how you can see part of my featured item images before needing to scroll down the page? That is because my shop announcements are short. I went in and edited them even more today...finally.

Anyway, just food for thought and there does seem to be merit to this based on the feedback of customers and other Etsy sellers who grumble about shops that have these really long shop announcements. Remember customers care more about what they can see, rather than what they can read.

Kelle Arvay
www.PatternMart.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.bettestomorrowstreasures.com

Tips About Your Announcements in Your Etsy Shop
Page 1 of 1