Tinkets 2 Treasures Etsy Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're an Etsy Team consisting of Artists, Designers, and Sellers who work in shabby/cottage, retro, country and primitive with a vintage flair.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» It's June Already???
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 am by Snugglebug Blessins

» It's May already
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:48 am by alwayscrafty2-sandi

» Your best and Worst from March 31
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:17 pm by Bette

» Tactics for selling in a slow economy.
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 am by alwayscrafty2-sandi

» okay I can't find
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 pm by alice

» Idol March 10
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:59 am by Deena

» New Print and Sew Pattern...
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:05 am by Deena

» Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm by Deena

» Snack Bag Wrappers
Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm by Deena

Tactics for selling in a slow economy.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bette
Admin
Bette

Tactics for selling in a slow economy. Empty
PostSubject: Tactics for selling in a slow economy.   Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 am

What changes have you made to your business to keep selling in these rough times?

Are you aware of all the other things you can sell besides handmade crafts on etsy?

Vintage items sell very well on etsy. And etsy considers anything 20 yrs. or older vintage. You can still find some pretty good deals at yardsales.
If this interests you, take the time to study what is popular in vintage right now.

Craft supplies are an excellent seller on etsy. This can be anything from ribbons, laces, fabric to patterns and craft books.
Vintage craft supplies is a separate category and vintage sewing patterns sell very well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bettestomorrowstreasures.com
Deena

Deena

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for selling in a slow economy.   Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 pm

I saw a list of the top sellers on etsy once and quite a few of them were selling the things you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://ewenmeprintables.com
Snugglebug Blessins

Snugglebug Blessins

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for selling in a slow economy.   Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 12:58 am

I have been interested in selling vintage "Flea Market Finds" I even put a catagory on my site for that. I was afraid of pursuing that until I checked it out with you gals and Etsy and this makes me feel more at ease. I have alot of wonderful flea market vintage items that I want to put on Etsy but since they are a "Handmade" site I hesitated. So if you gals have any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it. Some of my items are, linens, pottery, glass wear, vintage hand mixers and platters and also incorporating making something out of the flea market find too! That's mostly what I have for now. So whadayathink?!?

Cathy
PS. I wanta be a top seller too!!!!!! Well if I could just sell something that would be a start. hehehe! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bette
Admin
Bette

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for selling in a slow economy.   Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:25 am

Don't give up, Cathy. I had an etsy shop for months before I started selling and now I sell every month.

Vintage has it's own category on etsy. The things you mentioned are popular items, too.

Do a search for them on etsy and it will give you an idea about what they are selling for. Pyrex is a hot collectible and they go for pretty good prices.
My daughter found a couple of the small pink mixing bowls at a yardsale for .25 each and I saw them sell for close to $40. But I kept them cause the pink is rare. lol

Craft supplies are another good seller on etsy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bettestomorrowstreasures.com
alwayscrafty2-sandi

alwayscrafty2-sandi

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for selling in a slow economy.   Tactics for selling in a slow economy. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 am

I have not had a single etsy sale in 2009. NOW i was closed all of Jan and been sick most of the year so far but at this point i am not worried. I sew and soap mainly for fun so if it sells great if not I am going to start giving things away on my blog so i have room to create more. It's therphy for me mainly. Keeps the mind off of pain and on to better things. I am going to work on more patterns this year.
I SHOULD sell the BUCKETS of fabric I have statched in the apartment but that would mean measuring and taking picutures. NO energy to do that
Back to top Go down
http://sassysoapsnsuch.etsy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for selling in a slow economy.   Tactics for selling in a slow economy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tactics for selling in a slow economy.
Page 1 of 1